Filo pastry pizza topped with chicken, chorizo, red onion and tomato
Monstrous chicken and chorizo pizza-esque meal.
Serves: 1 manly sized portion or 2 portions for the lady types
Preperation time: 15 - 20 mins
Cooking time: 10 - 15 minutes
- 8 - 10 filo pastry sheets
- Tomato paste
- Cheddar cheese
- Chicken thigh fillet
- Chorizo sausage
- Small white onion
- Small red onion
- Bacon lardons
- 1 Egg
- Dried basil
- Garlic salt / dried garlic flakes
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil / vegetable oil for cooking
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Begin by beating the egg. Brush a baking tray with some olive oil. Layer the filo pastry sheets onto the baking tray, brushing egg on the intermediate sheets and folding in the excess to make a higher crust.
- Spread the tomato paste across the top of the filo pastry, keeping it within the ‘crust’ area.
- Chop the olives, onions, chorizo and tomato (note that I’ve diced rather than sliced ¼ of the tomato for the base).
- Top the base with the olives, some of the white onion and the diced tomatoes. Add some salt, pepper, basil and garlic salt.
- Pan fry the chicken, onions, some bacon lardons and chorizo.
- Cut the chicken into strips. Top the pizza with the cheddar cheese, chicken, onion and chorizo.
- Layer on the sliced tomatoes with a a sprinkle more cheese, garlic and basil.
- Put into the oven and leave for 10 - 12 minutes or until the filo pastry has browned.
- Serve with a garnish of lager on the side.